One can get lost trying to find the best Panel to use for your home. The truth is that there some great options out there. You want to ask about the construction of the load center (Panel) and its breakers, the expense of the breakers (If that’s a focus point), availability of breakers, and if it has a lifetime warranty. If I were to steer you, I would choose the Eaton Cutler-Hammer Classic load center. Not only is it a solid brand but it’s pretty to look at.
- Lifetime warranty on all CH load centers and circuit breakers.
- One-piece silver flash plated copper bus provides superior conductivity throughout the entire product line.
- The plug-on neutral design provides time and labor-savings by eliminating the pigtail.
- Steel backpan provides positive, reliable mounting.
- CH 150-225 ampere main breakers are rated 25 KAIC providing contractors with the highest interrupting rating main breaker in the industry.
- Unique sandalwood finish provides an esthetically appealing, scratch-resistant powder coating.
- CH breakers include an industry exclusive “trip to off” feature that allows a homeowner to easily identify a tripped circuit breaker.
- Mechanical flag feature on CH breakers for easy trip indication.
The History of Cutler-Hammer
Harry Henderson Cutler and Edward West Hammer incorporate the Cutler-Hammer Manufacturing Co. in 1893, specializing in electric starters, speed regulators and field rheostats
Developed first automatic motor starter patented by Cutler in 1900, laying the foundation for the modern motor control industry, and in 1901 the company designed the control equipment for the Panama Canal.
By the 1930s, engineers at Cutler-Hammer had obtained 28 patents for the use of vacuum tubes to control heavy currents
Cutler-Hammer became part of Eaton Corporation in 1978 bringing over $500 million in sales of a complete portfolio of power control and switching devices
There are many great options out there right now for residential electrical panels (Load centers) like, Square D and Siemens but a solid choice will be your Eaton Cutler Hammer Classic brand panel. Not only are their breakers affordable and readily available but they offer a heritage of solid innovation and construction.